COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT

Go down

COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT Empty COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT

Post  lukera on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 pm

I know warrants have been covered somewhere on this site but the search feature is not all that good and i can't find it anywhere.

On to my question.

How does this "fund" which trades at $9.82 a unit have warrants out that can be picked up for $0.015 a unit.

Should the warrants not be near the same value as the unit price?

I am really tempted to even put $500 into these warrants because unless i am missing a huge piece of the puzzle(and i probably am) there is a huge potential here.

If you were to warrants were to hit the excersize price of $11.25 would that not mean you could "excersize them?

would that not mean you would be looking at a gain of 75000%?

ie $500 now = $360,000.

lukera
lukera
Admin

Back to top Go down

COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT Empty Re: COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT

Post  Max on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 am

Warrants are basically an option to buy. The terms are not standardized, so it could be that you need 1000 warrants to buy 1 share or something like that.

You have to read carefully the terms of the offering.

Max
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down

COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT Empty Re: COXE Commodity Strategy Fund COX.UN Vs. COX.WT

Post  lukera on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 am

About Coxe Commodity Strategy Fund

Coxe Commodity Strategy Fund is a closed-end investment fund. The focus of the Fund is to provide investors with long-term capital growth by executing the investment strategies of Donald G.M. Coxe. Class A Units and Warrants to purchase Class A Units are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols COX.UN and COX.WT. Information on the Fund may be obtained at www.bmocm.com/bmosp under “Closed-End Funds”.

Sector weight as of September 30, 2010:

Agriculture 26.7%
Base Metals & Steel 20.6%
Energy 18.7%
Precious Metals 29.9%
Cash/Receivables/Payables 4.10%

Top Ten Holdings (March 25, 2011)

SPDR Gold Trust
Goldcorp Inc.
Barrick Gold Corporation
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
BHP Billiton Limited, ADR
Monsanto Company
Franco-Nevada Corporation
Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.
CNH Global N.V.
Syngenta AG, ADR

Here is how the warrants work:

Class A warrants = COX.WT

Class A Warrants may be exercised for Class A Units on and after May 16, 2011 and up to May 31, 2011 for a subscription price of $11.25 per unit. Class F Warrants remain exercisable for Class F Units on and after May 16, 2011 and up to May 31, 2011 for a subscription price of $11.25 per unit.

So I think these are called "Subscription Warrants". not like regular warrants that you buy at a certain price then cash out at the strike price.

Example:

The warrants cost you $1 to buy 1 warrant which can be excersized at $11.25. the share price per unit is at say $50. you excersize your warrant for a total cost of $12.25 and you get 1 share worth $50. giving you a $37.75 gain per unit.

Now if the strike price is not hit by the specified deadline than your warrant is worth $0.

I almost bought 1000 warrants for $100 this morning until i really looked into it.

The unit price is currently at $10 so it looks like it is a better idea to buy units @ $10 on the market rather than an warrant which would end up being $11.255
lukera
lukera
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum