S.D.D.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to go from here...

2 posters

Go down

Where to go from here... Empty Where to go from here...

Post  Fred Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am

I don't have much time for explaining any of my reasoning for these stocks, and my rationalle hasn't changed much anyways. I own all of these (yes I know it is a very speculative portfolio!) and I would like to know which one, if any, would be worth averaging down on with the last of my money. Also thought of getting back into AVR if it goes into the 1.30 range.

My choices for averaging down:
NOT
WND
SPM

I'm also still holding:
IMG
ROK
DOR
QEC
EGLE

Fred
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

http://northernskiesoutpost.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Where to go from here... Empty Re: Where to go from here...

Post  Fred Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, I am a dummy.... I decided to buy more NOT. The volume seems strange with no news (probably a bad sign, especially at a fresh 52 week low), but there seemed to be a lot of resistance at the 0.75-0.77 level (at least for now). Nothing on any of the forums to worry about, and hopefully some pending news on new drill results (tis the season), progressive discussions with the First Nations, news regarding the re-opening of the air strip, or the much needed rail development (though I'm curious to know where the billions of $ will come from)... and last but not least, the potential for a bigger player to buy them out (which would really be a shame as I would never see the actual value of the resources). If all else fails, at least I can sell my IMG shares for a profit... it's the only thing I own that is up.

Fred
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:33 am

Don't have much time to analyze them this month. I bought some Noront myself. Keep wondering why, but as you point out, any news should get things moving.

As far as the others, they are all pretty dicey.

EGLE is potentially facing some very serious problems in the aftermath of losing a big client.
I thought IMG was not a good deal at a lower price than it is now, so I currently think it is even worse (even though I was effectively wrong the first time).
QEC might be a good deal at current prices, but depends a lot on natural gas, which is probably not going anywhere for a while. Need a fresh analysis on new financial statements

The others I am not that familiar with.

Max
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down

Where to go from here... Empty Western Wind

Post  Fred Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 am

I decided to average down on Western Wind. A company originally picked by Luke. I really like their growth prospects... if nothing else, based on what they curently have under construction. But there is more... the company is doing a major buy back of shares reducing them from around 50M to 35M. What I like so much about this is that they have used a third party to perform a valuation of their assets, in order to justify the buyback. If you look on pg 19 of this presentation: http://www.westernwindenergy.com/s/Corporate_Presentations.asp
you will see that they value the organization at around $5 per share... not sure if this is before or after the planned buy back, but it is much higher than the curent $1.40. I do recognize that this is likely an overly optimistic valuation. Anyone care do do their own?

Fred
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum