S.D.D.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

Go down

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform Empty Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

Post  LeavesFX Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm

I am looking for examples of Algorithmic Trading excel models that could possibly connect with a simulation platform written in WPF. I have not been able to find anything that works. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

LeavesFX

Back to top Go down

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform Empty Re: Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

Post  Max Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

I am not that familiar with Windows Presentation Foundation, but being a windows product, I believe it would be tied in with the Visual Basic Object Model. You would need to set a reference in visual basic to WPF (Tools>References), but I am not sure which is the correct library to reference, so you would have to browse for it. Then you could code from Excel's VBA starting with a WPF application object, and browsing down through the hierarchy until you find what you need. You might be able to make it work without setting a reference through late binding via the "GetObject" method.

Thats how I vision it, although WPF does not 100% use VBA as far as I can tell, so I am not sure if full functionality would be accessible through this method.

Good luck

Max
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum