S.D.D.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

2 posters

Go down

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform Empty Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

Post  LeavesFX Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm

I am looking for examples of Algorithmic Trading excel models that could possibly connect with a simulation platform written in WPF. I have not been able to find anything that works. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

LeavesFX

Back to top Go down

Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform Empty Re: Algorithmic Trading for Simulation Platform

Post  Max Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

I am not that familiar with Windows Presentation Foundation, but being a windows product, I believe it would be tied in with the Visual Basic Object Model. You would need to set a reference in visual basic to WPF (Tools>References), but I am not sure which is the correct library to reference, so you would have to browse for it. Then you could code from Excel's VBA starting with a WPF application object, and browsing down through the hierarchy until you find what you need. You might be able to make it work without setting a reference through late binding via the "GetObject" method.

Thats how I vision it, although WPF does not 100% use VBA as far as I can tell, so I am not sure if full functionality would be accessible through this method.

Good luck

Max
SDDL Insider
SDDL Insider

Back to top Go down